Surprise Saturday Book Review

"City of Heavenly Fire"


I had to do a post to review this book. I know I'm behind but I just finished this little gem this morning. Let me tell you, I hate to admit when I make a mistake (my husband will agree) but I was WRONG ... but wrong in a good way. There are a few series I have read in the past that at the beginning I LOVED.  Then they keep writing more and more when the series could have ended 5 books back. (cough...House Of Night...cough) I was afraid that this was where this series was heading. After I finished The Infernal Devices series I was a little "shadowhuntered" out. That's why it took me so long to read this book.  However, I was WRONG ... DEAD WRONG! This was the perfect ending to this series. Cassandra Clare took us on a whirlwind adventure as the Shadowhunters fought to save the world from Sebastian aka Jonathan. The book kept me on my toes and although I was sure they would pull through, made me constantly ask, "How are they going to get through this one?"

Now for the best news ... there is another spin off coming in 2015!! The story will begin 5 years after the Dark War and will be based on the Blackthorns and Emma Carstairs, whom we met in Heavenly Fire. I absolutely love Emma Carstairs and am excited to read on about her adventure and quest for revenge. 

One thing I wish is that we could have seen the seelie queen at the end of Heavenly Fire, I don't want to spoil more then I have but I learned to hate her and I would have loved to see her in the end (but I have a feeling she will play a big roll in the next series).

To Read what Heavenly Fire is all about, keep reading...

In this dazzling and long-awaited conclusion to the acclaimed Mortal Instruments series, Clary and her friends fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother.

Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures out of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell.

The embattled Shadowhunters withdraw to Idris - but not even the famed demon towers of Alicante can keep Sebastian at bay. And with the Nephilim trapped in Idris, who will guard the world against demons?

When one of the greatest betrayals the Nephilim have ever known is revealed, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must flee - even if their journey takes them deep into the demon realms, where no Shadowhunter has set foot before, and from which no human being has ever returned...

Love will be sacrificed and lives lost in the terrible battle for the fate of the word in the thrilling final installment of the classic urban fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!



No comments: