Battle Of The Books!

Battle of the Vampires

DAMON SALVATORE VS. ADRIAN IVASHKOV

The thing I love the most about a good book is how lost you get in another world.  The upshot of this is I end up having very non-fictional feelings for fictional characters. I've had so many I lost count!

So here at Tidal Wave we have decided we need to find the ultimate book boyfriend and need your help to find our winner.

Each Week we will be pitting two of our favorite leading men against each other but the winner is up to you so don't forget to vote each week. Round 1 will have 8 "swoon"worthy characters starting this week with my two favorite vampires. The winners from the next 4 showdowns will face each other until we have found our perfect book boyfriend.


DAMON SALVATORE
Damon has been a long time book boyfriend breaking into the scene in 1991 in the Vampire Diaries series, by L.J. Smith. Fans of Damon have been lucky to see him brought to life in the T.V. series played by Ian Somerhalder, who  is the perfect choice to play this devil-may-care character. Although the book and t.v. series have little in common they stuck fairly true to the character of Damon. Let's be honest who wouldn't want to be the girl to bring out the good side of Damon.

Pros: 

Damon is an Italian aristocrat from the renaissance and has been described as having the looks and an Adonis. There basically isn't a vampire power out there that Damon doesn't possess:
Super strength, Healing, Super Speed, Shape Shifting, manipulation the list really goes on and on.

Cons:

Damon seriously doesn't have a moral code, while being a bad boy is a plus, serial killer may not be.

Favorite Quote:

"My brother (...) is a fool. He thinks that because you look like Katherine you're weak and easily led like her. But he's wrong. I could feel your anger from the other side of town. I can feel it now a white light like the desert sun. You have strength, Elena, even as you are. But you could be so much stronger...."
                                                                                                                   - The Struggle-




ADRIAN IVASHKOV

Adrian caught our eyes as the love interest of Rose Hathaway in the "Vampire Academy" series by Richelle Mead. This 6'1" green eyed hottie has always been an underdog in the romance department, his first love Rose cheats on him, breaking his heart, but leaving an opening for alchemist Sydney Sage in the Bloodlines series. For me it was the Bloodlines series that turned my book crush on Adrian into a full blown obsession. Readers start to see through his edgy arrogance and start noticing his vulnerable side, and makes us fall in love with him over & over again putting Sydney's happiness above his own.

Pros:

Adrian is a rare spirit user with the ability to dream walk. Adrian is moroi Royalty, he is the great-nephew of Queen Tatiana Ivashkov.

Cons:

Excessive drinker & smoker, spirit use causes some mental instability.

Favorite Quote:

" I tried to be a better person for her- but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I'm around you, I want to be better because... well because it feels right, because I want to. You make me want to become something greater then myself. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and your like... like light made into flesh. (...) you have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine."
                                                                                                                                   -The Golden Lily -

Let the fun begin, time for you to vote on who you think is the most "swoon"worthy boyfriend. You have one week to vote and get as many other people to vote so your favorite can move on.


No comments: