"Ruby Red"


O.k ... it's Monday, so you know what that means?!?!   That's right.  Another review of another great book for you to read!  
I recently got "Ruby Red" by Kerstin Gier but didn't have high hopes for it because one of my friends started to read it and never finished.  Well ... I was pleasantly surprised!  At first I didn't know what to think.  It didn't grab my attention right off the bat.  I felt the beginning moved a bit slow; however, once I got a few chapters in, I couldn't put it down.  There was a girl whose life turned upside down when she found out she could time travel. This same girl could also see ghosts.  That alone makes for a good read but then you add the "cherry-on-top" ... a hot boy she couldn't get out of her mind!  I would recommend this novel.  The mystery of the book caught my attention and I HAD to get the next book and the one after that so I could find out how everything ended.  If you love a good mystery with romance and a good time travel - this is the book for you.  
Here is what the book is about:  
"Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!
Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon—the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.
Kerstin Gier's Ruby Red is young adult novel full of fantasy and romance."

(Quick draw back ... there was mild bad language.) 

No comments: