"Enthusiasm"

(Don't forget our "Battle Of The Books" going on this week.
 Vote for your favorite vampire ... look to the right!)

"When someone asks for a reading suggestion, Enthusiasm is the first word off my tongue." --Stephenie Meyer, author of Twilight

Prior to reading Enthusiasm, I read a novel that just left me feeling depressed. I knew the next book I curled up with had to be a super fun, cute, light book.  I talked to my mom and she suggested I read Enthusiasm.  I decided to give it a whirl and let’s just say … I LOVED it!  Right from the beginning it caught my attention and I could not put the book down.  These past few years I have become a huge Jane Austin fan so this book was perfect for me!  I also love how Enthusiasm focused on teenage relationships and how important they are.  My mom has always taught me that “High School is about finding bridesmaids, not husbands” and this novel shows loyalty and friendship between two girls … the way it should be.  Julie and Ashleigh are always there for each other, through thick and thin and I really admired that.  If you love Jane Austin, romance, and a book that just leaves you smiling - Enthusiasm is the book for you!

Check out what Enthusiasm is all about:


Julie's best friend Ashleigh is an enthusiast who jumps from one craze to the next, immersing herself and those around her into her latest obsession. One summer it was reptiles, another year it was King Arthur. Julie has always followed Ashleigh's crazes, but when Ashleigh reads PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and is determined to model their lives after the novels of Jane Austen, Julie isn't sure she wants to encourage her best friend in her latest enthusiasm. Not only does Ashleigh refuse to wear anything but long skirts and ballet slippers, she insists they must find love interests by crashing the fall formal dance at a nearby private boys school.  Ashleigh's enthusiasm leads the two girls from one hilarious adventure to another. 

No comments: