"Pandemonium"

Finally … FINALLY the sequel to “Delirium” is out and read!  “Pandemonium”  didn’t let me down.  It was fast paced and kept me on my toes.  When the end hit … I was like, “What!  It’s over?!!“  And THAT reaction was not a bad thing.

At first I didn’t know if I would like the writing style.  Each chapter went back and forth between the past and the present.  However, I think that helped the readers get lost in the story, always guessing and wondering what was going on.  It really made “The Wilds” feel real and distressing.  It also showed the growth Lena went through as you saw her before and then after.  The thing I liked best about Lena, is that even though her life was turned upside down, she stayed true to herself.



There are some things that I have to give “heads up” about though.  #1 … the language.  Maybe I just didn’t remember this from “Delirium”, but the language in “Pandemonium” was hard to handle at times.  (I don’t understand why the same story can’t be told without the bad words.)  Then again, maybe the language was more harsh because life in “The Wilds” was more harsh.  Either way … heads up.  Also, some of the “kissing” scenes … intense!  At least for some young teens.  I’m just disclosing all information … use it as you wish.

Overall … if you liked the first book … you are going to love the second.  It has a little bit of everything to keep you trapped inside the pages of the story.  If you read “Delirium” … read this one.  You won’t be disappointed.  And … without saying too much … FEBRUARY 2013!  I can’t wait that long for the conclusion!!!  Lauren Oliver … why did you do this to us … the readers!  : )

If you want to know more ... check "Pandemonium" out:

"I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite."

No comments: