"Delirium"

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect before I started reading Delirium.  I had passed by this book numerous times before deciding to give in and give it a try.  But after finishing it, I can say that this book is amazing.  I loved it!  The story is gripping, intense and very captivating.

Lauren Oliver writes about a very sad world in which love is considered a disease that will kill you.  I can’t even imagine a life without feeling love for my children … love for my spouse … love for my friends and family.  Love is where true happiness lies.  If our society came up with a cure that takes us past feelings … I personally couldn't think of anything scarier.



I think that Lauren Oliver is a brilliant writer and “Delirium” is a beautifully written book!  It is an outstanding dystopia read that will linger in your thoughts long after you are finished.  Any writer and story that can keep me captivated until the very end … is amazing!  And, oh my - that ending!  It’s just … wow!  It was shocking and unexpected.  I can't wait for the sequel!

Take a look at what “Delirium” has to offer:

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

No comments: