And The Winner Is......

Times up! The winner of our Battle of the Vampires is....none other than our Italian aristocrat from the renaissance DAMON SALVATORE!!


HA HA HA Just Kidding...


(sigh) that's more like it!

Now time for the next battle. Get your clicking fingers ready! Introducing ...


BATTLE OF THE MORTALS

FINNICK ODAIR VS. TOBIAS "FOUR" EATON

This is going to be a hard one for me. I love both of our mortal men but for very different reasons. I will do my best to make a case for both of our men.

Finnick Odair



I have to say this man was one of my all time favorite characters from a book. Finnick is a male tribute from District 4 who won the 65th Hunger Games by using a trident and a net against other tributes (a skill unique to District 4's trade of fishing) at age 14. 

Pros:

Finnick is described as being very handsome, muscular, athletic and tall with tan skin, bronze hair, and stunning sea-green eyes. Now people, let's not be like the capitol and love him for his looks. He is also a trusted friend. He even saved Peeta by using CPR to resuscitate him (which Katniss notes as, "one of the things I will never stop owing him for"). My favorite thing about Finnick has to be his quirky sense of humor ... sugar cube anyone?

Cons:

There are not very many cons to go with Finnick Odair but the one that stands out the most is the fact that President Snow prostituted him to wealthy citizens of the Capitol.  This resulted in his reputation of many lovers and even more secrets. And ... well ... that about it.

Quotes:

"There supposed to be for horses, but who cares? They've got years to eat sugar, where as you and I ... well, if we see something sweet, we better grab it quick."

"Oh Peeta ... don't make me sorry I restarted your heart."


TOBIAS "FOUR" EATON



Oh, how I love thee. Let me count the ways ...  one two three FOUR! Four is a member of Dauntless and serves as the instructor to the initiates born outside of Dauntless. He was born in the Abnegation sector but chose to become Dauntless to escape his abusive father Marcus.

Pros:
Okay, let's start off with that tattoo. First off, I am not a huge tattoo girl but there is something about a back tattoo surrounded by all that muscle. ;) At the start of Divergent, Four seemed arrogant. This tends to be the way with Dauntless. However, it's not long before you start to see the softer side ... the selfless side of Four.

Cons:
Besides the fact that he throws knives at people's heads, four is a little temperamental and quick to react without always looking to see the whole picture.  Also ... nope. That's about it. No more cons for Four.

Quote:

"I don’t want to say this, but I feel like I have to. It is more important for you to be safe than right for the time being. Understand? … But please, when you see an opportunity ... ruin them"

Let the battle begin! Vote for your favorite mortal. Hope you will have an easier time than I will in picking your favorite.



No comments: